Group Fitness Instructor FAQ
The depth of learning is greater than that of learning directly online to receive the AFAA GFI certification. Life Time Academy’s commitment is to assist our students to apply skills in the workplace with the areas of emphasis that we know are valuable to your career success.
Online Course. 6-8 hrs/week.
There are weekly scheduled readings, online lectures, videos, activities, assignments and/or quizzes. On average, our students have about 6-8 hours of weekly study.
Virtual Webinars. 1hr/week
Each week, the Online Instructor hosts an interactive webinar that provides a deep-dive into the week's online curriculum and preps students for upcoming Live Labs. Each webinar is recorded so you can go back and review the material covered at any time.
- WHEN: Tuesdays 7-8pm (CST)
Live Labs. 3 hrs/lab
The 4, 3-hour live labs, hosted at one of Life Time's luxury facilities, prepares students to be successful in the fitness industry by providing:
- The opportunity to apply concepts learned through peer-to-peer and one-on-one training,
- Receive professional feedback and assistance from Life Time Academy's Lab Instructors.
- WHEN: Saturdays, 1-4pm, dates TBD
Life Time Academy Certificate of Completion
AFAA Group Fitness Instructor Certification
With a fitness certification, you can work in a variety of settings depending on your area of focus and your personal schedule and abilities. For example, our graduates have found careers anywhere from large national gyms to smaller boutique studios, self-employment, and beyond.
Life Time Academy does not guarantee job placement as employment is always at the full discretion of the employer. However, we do offer Placement Assistance:
- Partnership with Life Time. We guarantee each of our graduates will receive an interview with Life Time, if Life Time is a desired potential employer. *Graduates do need to apply for a position before being offered the interview.
- Additional Placement Services. We strive to help you find a job you love. We are always connecting with potential employers and send updated info on job postings as we learn about them. If you are curious about the jobs in your area, give us a call; we’re happy to help you on your search!
Scholarships & Discounts
Monthly financing - If you are unable to pay your course balance in full, we offer a 2-month payment plan. Balance must be paid in full prior to the end of the course.