Pilates Instructor FAQ
Students are enrolled in an online course and will also attend the required weekend modules that supplement the online learning.
|Course Name||Contact Hours|
|PI1010- Introduction to Pilates||40|
|PI1020- Pilates Exercise Teaching Fundamentals||52|
|PI1030- Pilates Teaching Skills||56|
|PI1040- Pilates Exercise & Technique Progression- Level 1 (pre-req: PI1020)||52|
|PI1050- Pilates Intermediate Teaching Skills||56|
|PI1060- Pilates Exercise & Technique Progression- Level 2 (pre-req: PI1040)||70|
|PI1070- Pilates Advanced Teaching Skills||56|
|PI1080- Pilates Exercise & Technique Progression- Level 3 (pre-req: PI1060)||70|
The Pilates Method Alliance® (PMA®) is the international, not–for–profit, professional association dedicated to the teachings of Joseph H. and Clara Pilates. The PMA Certification Exam is the only actual Pilates Certification in the country. In order to sit for the PMA Exam, you must have completed a comprehensive Pilates training course such as ours. This training will prepare you for the PMA Exam.
- 32-weeks (Four, 8-week terms)
- Total Contact Hours: 452
- Quarter Credits: 26.0
- 160 hours of online learning
- 112 lab contact hours
- 180 practicum hours
There are weekly scheduled readings, online lectures, videos, assignments and quizzes. On average, our students have approximately 10 hours of weekly study.
|Exam Fee Credit||-|
|Total Program Cost||$5,670.00|
Monthly financing available
As a nationally accredited school we will be accepting federal financial aid in the near future.
Students are eligible for our Healthy Way of Life scholarship which saves ~15% off the total tuition. To find more information about the scholarship, click HERE. Employees are eligible for an additional 5% discount with proof of employee ID.
We offer a monthly financing option for students as well. There is a one time $49 enrollment fee to sign up for the financing option. Students are able to split their tuition payments over each 8-week term into two separate payments.
Labs are held on Friday's and Saturday's from 1-7pm.
When are the modules?
|All Labs meet from 1:00-7:00pm each day*||Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4|
|March 4- April 28||April 29- June 23||June 24- August 18||August 19- October 12|
Check out our School Calendar.
- Term 2: April 29th
- Previous Level 1 students enter here
- Term 3: June 24th
- Previous Level 2 students enter here
- Term 4: August 19th
- Graduate (Complete): October 13th
We will offer the program again beginning August 19, 2019.
With proof of certification you may be eligible for tuition credit. Must be PEAK Pilates certification to qualify.
If level 1 is complete:
- A student will receive academic credit for the following courses: PI1010, PI1020, PI1030 (potential $1,575 tuition credit)
- Student will start in term 2 (24-weeks to comprehensive, and attend all labs)
If Level 2 is complete:
- A student will receive academic credit for the following courses: PI1010, PI1020, PI1030, PI1040, PI1050 (potential $2,625 tuition savings)
- Student will start in term 3 (16-weeks to comprehensive and attend all labs)
Specific fees/costs will be determined by Life Time Academy admissions, but it is appropriate to communicate students will get a credit and the specific dates of the term they will start will be communicated.
To learn more about your eligibility, please Contact us for more information.
With a Pilates Instructor certification, you can work in a variety of settings depending on your area of focus and your personal schedule and abilities. For example, our graduates have found careers anywhere from large national gyms to smaller boutique studios, self-employment, and beyond.
No. Life Time Academy does not guarantee job placement as employment is always at the full discretion of the employer. However, we do offer Placement Assistance:
- Partnership with Life Time. We guarantee each of our graduates will receive an interview with Life Time, if Life Time is a desired potential employer. *Graduates do need to apply for a position before being offered the interview.
- Additional Placement Services. We strive to help you find a job you love. We are always connecting with potential employers and send updated info on job postings as we learn about them. If you are curious about the jobs in your area, give us a call; we’re happy to help you on your search!
Yes, the terms are progressive from Introduction to Foundations to Intermediate and finish with Advanced.