The Life Time Academy Indoor Cycling Instructor certification course provides a unique educational experience of online, in-classroom and hands-on learning combined with practical experiences. This course is designed to develop your foundational skills and abilities to teach an engaging and motivating class. The course begins by demonstrating cycling basics such as bike set-up and how it impacts the effectiveness of the class experience. Additionally, you will be exposed to the art and science of delivering a great cycle class through the practical steps of developing a class plan.
This course is in partnership with Stages Cycling; upon successful completion of the course, you will receive an Instructor Certificate from Stages Cycling as a continuation of this relationship. It is designed to help you learn and develop all the foundational indoor cycling instructor skills and abilities to teach an engaging and motivating class.
Tuition includes Life Time Student Membership for duration of course enrollment.
Indoor Cycling Instructor FAQ
The depth of learning is greater than that of learning directly online to receive the Cycling Instructor certification. Life Time Academy’s commitment is to assist our students to apply skills in the workplace with the areas of emphasis that we know are valuable to your career success.
Online Course. 6-8 hrs/week.
There are weekly scheduled readings, online lectures, videos, activities, assignments and/or quizzes. On average, our students have about 6-8 hours of weekly study.
Virtual Webinars. 1hr/week
Each week, the Online Instructor hosts an interactive webinar that provides a deep-dive into the week's online curriculum and preps students for upcoming Live Labs. Each webinar is recorded so you can go back and review the material covered at any time.
- WHEN: Tuesdays 7-8pm (CST)
Live Labs. 2 hrs/lab
The 4, 1.5-hour live labs, hosted at one of Life Time's luxury facilities, prepares students to be successful in the fitness industry by providing:
- The opportunity to apply concepts learned through peer-to-peer and one-on-one training,
- Receive professional feedback and assistance from Life Time Academy's Lab Instructors.
- WHEN: Saturdays, 11am-12:30pm
- August 24
- September 14
- September 28
- October 12
You have 2 instructors, an online instructor and a lab instructor.
Each instructor has weekly office hours you can utilize for additional support; The office hours typically align with the webinar and lab schedules.
Contact us and we can help you schedule a meeting with your local instructors to learn more about Life Time Academy.
Life Time Academy Certificate of Completion
Stages Cycle Instructor Certification
With a fitness certification, you can work in a variety of settings depending on your area of focus and your personal schedule and abilities. For example, our graduates have found careers anywhere from large national gyms to smaller boutique studios, self-employment, and beyond.
Life Time Academy does not guarantee job placement as employment is always at the full discretion of the employer. However, we do offer Placement Assistance:
- Partnership with Life Time. We guarantee each of our graduates will receive an interview with Life Time, if Life Time is a desired potential employer. *Graduates do need to apply for a position before being offered the interview.
- Additional Placement Services. We strive to help you find a job you love. We are always connecting with potential employers and send updated info on job postings as we learn about them. If you are curious about the jobs in your area, give us a call; we’re happy to help you on your search!